Carry the flavours of India to your next burger picnic. The kick of roasted flavors these homemade burgers; decorating with cucumbers, tomatoes topped with a creamy slaw truly makes a beautiful and delicious differentiation.
These delicious and juicy burgers are cooked in a skillet and are perfect for an easy weeknight meal. Packed full of flavor, these pattie burgers are quick to make and will be a hit with the whole family!
If you have been making burger then you definitely need to replace all your burger with this one! Because, this is the BEST HOMEMADE BURGER you will ever make.
I have divided the RECIPE into whole three parts.
Why Aloo Pattie?
These cute little (or large) nuggets of fried goodness are bursting with flavor. Ginger, cilantro, garam masala and cumin give a spicy punch to the potato and pea “dough”. And while they took a little bit of prep time (peeling, boiling, and mashing the potatoes) the taste was well worth the effort.
Here, I used mashed potatoes and flattened rice (poha) in a certain ration with grated carrot to add a healthy version to my pattie. Usually this pattie, covered with bread crumbs are deep fried into oil. But instead of frying, I chose to cook on skillet with minimum oil.
HOMEMADE SPREAD? yeah, why not?
While I hardly ever eat them, I love veggie burger every now and then, and I’m pretty sure it’s because of that oh-so-fabulous burger sauce that is slathered on them. My family is a big-time burgers and fries fan.
Over the last few years, I’ve noticed that most nice restaurants and cafes have their own “special sauce” that they use on burgers. So when I made burgers on weekends for enjoying a whole lot meal, you better believe I was going to whip up a batch of homemade burger sauce!
There’s a 98% chance you already have all of the ingredients you need sitting in your refrigerator and pantry. Only six ingredients, one small bowl and a whisk is all you need to get this ready.
It’s the perfect complement to any burger, and I even love using it to dip my fries!
You may recognize this recipe as the “Sweet Spicy Veggie Burgers” that have been hidden in the archives for quite some time.
Keep these burgers on hand for quick, healthy meals. Leftover cooked patties store well in the freezer and handful of homemade spread. what else will you require?
Yes, thats the Classic toppings such as lettuce, tomato and onion work really well on this burger. Here, I have used cabbage leaves instead of lettuce, tomato and cucumber. Pair it with cheese slice and it’s done. So, here we begin!
HOME MADE VEGGIE BURGER
Servings : 8
For Home made spread
5 – 6 kashmiri red chillies
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
1 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon olive oil
For Aaloo Pattie
1/2 cup grated carrot
1/2 cup boiled peas
1 cup flattened rice (poha)
1/4 cup chopped coriander leaves
1 tablespoon of crushed ginger
SPICES (1 teaspoon each| red chilli powder, black salt, salt, chaat masala)
3 slices of bread
1 tablespoon corn flour
8 burger buns
8 cheese slices
1/2 cup ketchup
How to make HOMEMADE TOPPING SPREAD?
1. Firstly, add 3 large tomatoes and 5-6 Kashmiri red chilies into boiling water and blanch.
2. Close the vessel and boil for 3-4 minutes or till the skin starts to leave from tomatoes.
3. Once cooled, add the chopped tomatoes, chillies to a grinder and blend to smooth purees.
4. Furthermore, heat olive oil in a non stick tawa or skillet, add prepared tomato puree. Add sugar and salt.
5. Mix well and get the sauce to a boil. Cover and simmer the sauce for at least 5 minutes or till the sauce turns thick. Let it set to cool.
6. In a bowl full of mayonnaise, add 4 tablespoon of above prepared sauce. and mix well. And our spread is ready!
Making of Pattie
Soak 1 cup of beaten rice (poha) in water for at least half an hour. Once the potatoes have been boiled and mashed, add in all the other ingredients – grated carrots, boiled peas and beaten rice (poha), coriander leaves (optional) with crushed ginger.
Add in the dry ingredients and form into patties (you should be able to get 8 large patties or 10 smaller ones).
In a small bowl, whisk 1 tablespoon of corn flour and 4-5 tablespoons of water and a pinch of salt. Grind 3 slices of bread into bread crumbs in keep it aside.
Now, dip a pattie into a corn flour mixture and then firmly coat it with bread crumbs. Repeat it for all the 8 patties.
In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add burger patties and cook, flipping once, until golden. Once done, place it in paper towels.
Cut tomatoes and cucumber into thinly round slice with cabbage leaf.
ASSEMBLING THE BURGER
1. Heat ½ tablespoons of butter in a large skillet on medium high heat. Add on 4 half buns at a time. Allow it to toast until turned golden.
2. Start with spreading the kissan ketchup on the bottom bun. Pace the cabbage leaf and stack the aloo pattie followed by cheese slice.
3. Add on the cucumber and tomato slices and spoon the home made spread on top buns.
PRO TIP – while applying spread on the top bun, apply a little more at the edges. (as shown in the picture -below) This will make your burger look more appealing!
Close sandwiches with top buns and your YUMMIEST Burger ever is ready!. Thank me later. Serve the burger with delicious french fries and this ofc, will make your day.
These burgers make a great change from normal burgers, and this is my go to recipe! The burgers stay beautifully juicy and they are ready in now time at all! I can’t wait for you guys to try these, I’m sure you’ll love them as much as we do!
Additional Notes –
1. You can also adjust the amount of prepare chilli tomato sauce in mayo for a more spicer version.
2. It is preferred to refrigerate the mashed potato with ingredients for an hour.
3. Use of onions, lettuce will create a variety in burger.
Please, let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and do share you burger experience with me. I would love to hear them.
MORE FOOD RECIPES – VISIT