Hellow beautiful people! How are you all? Craving something delicious? Don’t worry!!! We got you covered. Today on FaS BLOG, I am sharing one of the most popular food. The food, which will make you drool all will over it.
Like every other Street foods, Chinese bhel is another delicious dish in India and not surprisingly, it is considered a part of Indo-Chinese cuisine.
Usually it is a combination of sweet and spicy flavors. To make the bhel sweet and spicy, you need to use three different types of sauces or chutneys – a spicy sauce, a sweet sauce and a tangy or sour sauce. The sauces I have used are soy sauce, sweet tomato ketchup and Schezwan and red chili sauce. (Sriracha sauce and Red chili sauce go hand in hand. You can use either of them). In fact, you can use a combination of your favorite sauces to add interesting flavors to your bhel!
Anddddd, You can definitely add veggies of your choice. You can also add some peanuts if you want.
For making Chinese bhel, we use deep fried noodles. In this post, I have shared the method of deep frying noodles. Do have a look.
Since frying the noodles takes some time, I fry the noodles a day earlier and keep them stored in an air-tight container. Then the next day I just need to chop the veggies and stir fry them. So, less time is taken.
Serve Chinese bhel as soon as you assemble it to enjoy a whole hearted snacks.
Sneak Peak into ingredients!
150 grams Hakka Noodles
1 tablespoon garlic (finely chopped)
1 tablespoon ginger (thinly sliced)
2 green chilies (sliced)
¾th cup onion (finely chopped)
¾th cup carrots (finely chopped)
¾th cup baby corn (finely chopped)
1 cup bell peppers (finely chopped)
1½ cup cabbage (shredded)
2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
2 tablespoons red chilli sauce/sriracha sauce
2 tablespoons Schezwan chutney
2 tablespoons dark soya sauce
½ teaspoon crushed black pepper
Salt, to taste
Spring onions, for garnishing
Oil, for frying
1. Heat water in a pan on a medium to high flame. Add ⅓ teaspoon salt and 2 to 3 drops of oil. Let the water come to a rolling boil.
2. Lower the flame and add 100 grams noodles. After a few minutes, check and taste a few noodle strands and they should have a slight bite to them. Also, it should not be completely cooked.
3. Strain the noodles in a colander. Remove the noodles in a large plate or tray. spread them evenly. Let noodles cool at room temperature until you begin to deep fry them.
BONUS POINT: Do you know what’s special about the RECIPES in FaS BLOG? Yes you don’t need to add cornflour at this stage. Simply fry your boiled dry noodles and wallah – noodles with amazing crisp will be ready in less than few minutes.
4. Heat oil for deep frying in a kadai or a pan. (About 10 minites) Add a few strands of the noodles and if they come up steadily and gradually then you can begin to fry them.
5. Fry till the base become light golden and crisp. Then, turn over and fry the second side till crisp and light golden. Remove fried noodles with a slotted spoon draining excess oil in the kadhai or pan.
6. Place fried noodles on kitchen paper towels so that extra oil is absorbed. This way fry the noodles in batches.
BONUS POINT :Once cooled, you can place the crispy fried noodles in an air-tight container for about a week.
Stir frying veggies for Chinese bhel
1. Shred or finely chop the veggies. You will need 1½ cup shredded cabbage, ¾ cup shredded carrots, ¾ cup thinly sliced bell peppers and ¾ cup chopped onions and ¾ cup chopped baby corns
2. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a wok. Keep the flame to low to medium. Add sliced green chilies, ginger and chopped garlic. Sauté for a minute.
3. Then add shredded cabbage, chopped carrots and onions, thinly sliced bell peppers and chopped babycorns. Mix well. Stir fry on medium to high flame for 4 to 5 minutes.
4. Lower the flame and then add 2 tablespoons sriracha sauce (or red chilli sauce), 2 tablespoons tomato ketchup, 2 tablespoons Schezwan chutney and 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce. Mix very well.
5. Season with ½ teaspoon black pepper powder and salt as per taste. Mix very well and switch off the flame. Now, add the crushed deep fried noodles into it. Mix again.
At this step, you can also drizzle a bit of lemon or lime juice.
6. Serve Chinese bhel right away! Garnish it with some sliced green chilies and spring onions.
Few more noodles and other recipes to check:
1. Shanghai Momos – Delicious momos served with a savory peanut sauce and is a popular Shanghai food.
2. Pan fried Noodles – The pan noodles tossed with different veggies will taste yummy and will have you craving for more.
3. American Chopsuey – These noodles are Crisp at its peak served with sweet spicy sauce and spring onion.
4. Pad Thai Noodles – This is an easy and tasty recipe of vegetable noodles tossed with peanuts, sprouts and much more..
Follow me on my social handles to know the latest updates. <3
SAVE this recipe to make your party starters more enticing!
This is the easiest recipe on FaS, gonna try this super soon! 😋
Do lemme know the results