Welcome to the point of summer when I don’t remember why I chose a blog in cooking everytime when I only want to eat about five things – watermelon, mango, iced coffee and/or drinks and cakes -until the heat and humidity recede.
Summer is all about the light and refreshing cocktails! In this case, that cocktail is a delicious mojito recipes. A fruity spin to an already tasty cocktail.
It’s super refreshing and goes down pretty easy. Especially on a hot day.
We all know how much I love watermelon, right? This fruit need no other explanation, guys. It’s simply awesome. And, ofcourse for all the mango lovers out there, It’s the absolute perfect summer fruit! If you happen to have fresh mango on hand you could easily puree your own to create your own mango juice OR be on the lookout for mango nectar in your store. Because OUR today’s recipe is all about MOJITO recipes!
What is a mojito?
A mojito is a classic drink from Cuba. It’s light, refreshing, and just slightly sweet. Traditionally speaking a mojito is simply white rum, fresh limes, fresh mint, sugar, and club soda. To release all the flavor of the mint it’s important to not skip the step of muddling your mint in the glass. I like to use a wooden muddler to help gently bruise the mint to release its flavor.
•12 mint leaves
• 2 tablespoon sugar
• 4-5 lemon slices
•1 cup (255 ml) mango puree from fresh mango
•1/2 to 1 cup chilled club soda
•1.5 cups more ice cubes
1. Distribute the mint leaves in 2 to 3 cocktail glasses.
2. Add slices of lime to each. Muddle the mixture to bruise the mint leaves. (use a wooden flat bottom muddler/stick or a pestle or back end of a spatula or use a spoon).
3. Fill the glasses with ice cubes. Distribute the mango puree with sugar in the glasses. (Add more sugar if desired)
4. Pour in the remaining glass with club soda.
Garnish with mint leaves or lime slices and serve.
This mango mojito is the perfect combination of soda, mint, and sweet mango puree. This drink is perfect for sipping by the pool and dreaming of warm weather.
• 15 mint leaves
• 5-6 lemon slices
• 1 cup ice cubes
• 400 ml fresh watermelon juice
• 2 tablespoon sugar
• 1/4th cup watermelon cubes
• 300 ml Soda
1. Use fully ripe watermelon for mojito recipe. Remove the sweet, pink flesh of watermelon. Blend it and strain it in fine mesh sieve.
2. Next add muddled mint leaves, lime slices, watermelon juice, icecubes into a jar. For extra flavors add some more fresh mint leaves. Add fresh watermelon juice. For sweetener you can use simple syrup or sugar.
3. Stir everything together and so that mint and lime to release some of it’s fresh flavors into the mojito.
And let the sugar dissolves completely!
4. Place the mint leaves and lemon slices into glasses. Use a mortar and pestle to mash the mint leaves.
5. Pour the watermelon mixture spears of watermelon into glasses for serving. Pour in soda
for other remaining portions.
Garnish with fresh mint leaves and serve immediately.
Easy Refreshing Watermelon Mojito Recipe. Make this mojito with or without the alcohol. Refreshing mint and lime and sweet Summery Watermelon make this a perfect drink for any indoor event. Use other fruit puree for variation.
Love this mojito recipes?
Try a few of my other delicious summer cocktails!