Learn to make peri peri pasta at home like a pro with these simple step by step instruction. This detailed post will help you make the best Pasta Recipe which I am sure will be your family favorite. This Pasta has a smooth delicacy sauce with great flavor. The recipe is so amazingly delicious and aromatic. And the post covers everything you need to know about making peri peri pasta in easy steps. Try this and you will never want to order a pasta again. You will be in love with your homemade Pasta. Wasting no time, let’s move into the recipe!
PREP TIME : 30 minutes
INGREDIENTS : 200 gram penne
For peri peri sauce,
3 tablespoons butter
1+1/2 tablespoon all purpose flour (maida)
2 cups milk (approx 450 ml)
4 tablespoons ketchup/pizza pasta sauce
4 tablespoon of peri peri
2 tablespoon cheese powder
1/2 cup grated cheese
3/4th teaspoon black pepper
salt, to taste
1 tablespoon olive oil
2-3 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
few parboiled broccoli florrets
1/2 cup onion (thinly sliced)
1/4th cup shredded carrots
1 cup chopped bell peppers (green,red,yellow)
1/4th cup baby corn (chopped)
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Salt, according to taste.
For sauted veggies,
1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Once hot, add chopped garlic. Saute for few seconds. Then, add all the other vegetable and cook for another 1- 2 minutes or so. 2. Once the veggies are tender free add salt and pepper and keep it aside.
For Homemade sauce,
1. Into a preheated pan add butter with tablespoons all purpose flour (maida). 2. Using a wired whisk or wooden spatula, stir the flour quickly as soon as you add it. Keep on stirring so that no lumps are formed. Sauté the flour till you get a pale golden color. 3. Pour the milk with one hand and stir the sauce mixture with the other. Bring it to simmer for about 1-2 minutes.
4. On a low flame, add 2 tablespoons of ketchup and 2 tablespoons of pizza pasta sauce and keep stirring. 5. Add 4 tablespoons of peri peri and 2 tablespoons of cheese powder and give it a good mix. Then add the grated cheese and allow it to melt completely.
6. Once the cheese melts, add salt and black pepper according to taste and bring it to simmer for about 4-5 minutes. 7. Consistently, add in the boil pasta and toss it well with the sauce and let it boil until you see a beautiful orangish colour and the mixture becomes thick and creamy! Ah, I am drooling over this pasta
8. Now, the last step is to add the sauted veggies and give it a good mix. Remember: Do not overmix or you will end up in destroying the texture. 7. Season with dried italian herbs and fresh basil leaves. And your Peri Peri Pasta is ready to serve! So, when are you trying yours?
Additional Notes –
1. You can choose your level of spicy by increasing or decreasing the amount of peri peri. 2. You can also add 1 tablespoon of schezwan chutney to add more extra flavor to your pasta recipe (Totally Optional) 3. Try using whole wheat or semolina pasta for more healthier version. 4. You can replace the veggies with your choice available in your kitchen pantry. 5. For deliciously creamy pasta, use full fat milk and good quality cheese for extra flavors.
That’s all for today guys! Do let me know in the comment section below how much did you like the recipe? and also what do you want me to post next!