It’s All About BAKED VEGGIES WITH CHEESE
by Rishika | Jun 6, 2022 | Food |
What’s up guys, long time no see. Sorry for the late BLOG POST. Umm, ah, actually its extremely ‘late POST’ 🙁
Now I’m shaking, drinking all this coffee
These last few weeks have been exhausting
I’m lost in my imagination
(The only thing playing in my mind these days!)
Anyway, how’s you? -Hope you’re doing well. Todayyyy,
I am here to share a new recipe in FaS Blog. Let’s sneak in. Tadaaaaaaa.
Baked Veggie with Cheese
I don’t usually beg for veggies, at least not everytime. It all depends on my mood. But, I was quite pleasantly surprised by how this recipe turned out to be. Afterall, it was all about veggie baked with cheese. If this were how broccoli and other veggies were always served, I would beg for it.
Tender florets, crisped carrots and capsicum and soft potatoes tossed with olive oil and a lipsmacking sauce, roasted at high heat until nicely browned around the edges and stems (with some crispy bits), and then sprinkled generously with freshly grated cheese cubes—yes, this is veggies that anyone could love!
You can even skip the herbs and parsely if you want. The veggies are great roasted on its own with some olive oil and salt. But don’t skip the black pepper. Broccoli loves pepper! Yes?
Check out the ingredients parts which is so easy to gather. Throw all the veggies available in your kitchen pantry and that’s it.
10- 15 broccoli florrets,
8- 10 cauliflower florrets
½ cup sweet corns
1 boiled and peeled potato
¼ cup french beans
2 cups full fat milk
3 tablespoons butter
1½ tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon olive oil
¼ teaspoon black pepper
¾ cup shredded cheese (3 cubes)
⅔ cup soft bread crumbs
salt, to taste
2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley or snipped fresh basil (Optional)
1. Assemble all the veggies and rinse it thorougly! Cut according to your convenient or bite sized and keep aside.
For White sauce,
i) Into a preheated pan add butter, and then consecutively add 1½ tablespoons all purpose flour (maida).
ii) Using a wired whisk or wooden spatula, stir the flour quickly as soon as you add it. Keep on stirring so that no lumps are formed. Sauté the flour till you get a pale golden color.
iii) Pour the milk with one hand and stir the sauce mixture simultaneously to avoid making lumps.
iv) On a low flame, simmer the sauce till it thickens, and add the seasonings. Switch off the flame, pour it in a bowl and keep aside.
Now, comes the assembling part.
2. Take a 1 L baking pan and brush it with olive oil. Spread 1/3 cup or less of white sauce on the pan. Add on the grated cheese.
3. Transfer half of the veggies from the dish on top of the spreaded sauce and cheese. Also, spread cheese, sauce and bread crumbs on top.
4. Add on the remaining veggies and then layer it with white sauce, cheese and bread crumbs.
Pour cheese, mixture evenly over vegetables. Toss gently to coat vegetables with sauce. Sprinkle with bread crumbs.
5. Bake for 10- 15 minutes at 180 degree celsius or until mixture is bubbly and crumbs are lightly browned. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. If desired, sprinkle with parsley and/or basil or any other Italian herbs.
Tadaaaa, your veggies bake is absolutely ready. Do tell me in the comment section below about the recipe blog!
Do follow me on all social media pages @FreezeaSecond
This looks soo delicious 😋😋 and fascinating too!
Looks too yummy 😋😋