Read on to learn the top ingredients in Thai cooking and to find some recipe inspiration for your next Thai curry night at home!
A rich coconut curry broth with onion, garlic, ginger, Thai spices in coconut milk and tossed with colorful veggies. Flavorful vegan meal and you won’t even miss a bit!
This is comfort food in a bowl. I am always looking for ways to expand my family diets and eat all types of cuisines. One of our favorite reason to eat Thai food is because it is so full of flavor.
The best part about Thai curry is, it consist of only few ingredients which is easily available in supermarkets.
It includes coconut milk (your choice, I used real thai one) for protein, plus lots of healthy vegetables for an excellent vegetarian or vegan curry you’ll want to serve both family and friends. It’s very aromatic and flavorful, and easy to love. If you’ve never worked with curry paste before, you can find all the ingredients in many nearby stores fresh, just grind and see the coriander flavored paste which is so flamboyant.
As with many curries, this one’s pretty adaptable, so feel free to experiment with other vegetables, such as chopped broccoli, and zuccini, among others. And of course, curry is especially great served with rice; it sops up some of that great flavor, and also provides a starchy balance to the curry’s heat.
Let’s sneak into the RECIPE.
1 onion (roughly chopped)
1 cup fresh coriander leaves
1 inch ginger (roughly chopped)
2 Thai green Chilli
8-9 garlic cloves
1 tablespoon cumin powder
1/2 tablespoon lemon zest
2-3 lemongrass stems
2 tablespoon of oil
1/2 cup carrots (finely chopped)
1 cup bell peppers (finely chopped)
1/2 cup baby corn (chopped)
1/4th cup onion (diced)
250 ml coconut milk
1 cup water
1 tablespoon sugar
salt and pepper, to taste
For herbed rice,
1 tablespoon of butter
3 cups basmati rice (soaked)
1/4th cup onion (chopped)
1/4th cup corn kennels
1/4th cup capsicum (chopped)
1 tablespoon dried herbs
salt and pepper, to taste
some coriander leaves
To begin making the Vegetarian Thai Green Curry recipe, we will first make the Thai Curry paste.
1. In a grinder, add all the ingredients of curry paste with 1/4th cup of water. Grind into a smooth mixture. If required add a little more water to grind and let it rest aside.
Now, we will make the Thai Green Curry
Next we will proceed to make the Vegetarian Thai Curry with this paste.
2. Heat a teaspoon of oil in a heavy wok. Add in the chopped vegetables like carrots, babycorn, onions and bell peppers. Once tender, add on 5-6 tablespoons of curry paste.
3. Saute it for about 4-5 minutes. Next add in the coconut milk and stir to combine into the curry paste. Next we will add in a tablespoon of sugar and finally a cup of water.
4. Season with salt and pepper according to taste Stir the mixture, give it a light boil and the Vegetarian Thai curry is ready to be served.
5. Your Green Thai Curry is ready! Serve the Vegetarian Thai Green Curry Recipe with a bowl of Steamed Rice or Herbed rice to enjoy your Thai style Meal.
PRO TIP: Store the remaining green paste in a jar upto 1 week!
For a quick herbed rice, saute the veggies for about 2- 3 minutes and add on the soaked rice. Season with herbs and spices and some chopped coriander leaves.
This Green Thai curry made a fantastic meal last night and perhaps an even better breakfast this morning. It’s warm, comforting, and perfect for cool days. It’s a little rich, too, but so full of vegetables that it doesn’t feel too indulgent.
Please let me know how you like this recipe in the comments!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #freezeasecond
Tried both Red and Green Thai Curry …and it was mouth watering 🤤🤤.
Wowwww great <3