HEY GUYSS, how have you been doin’?! I spent the week organizing like crazy and trying to stay busy to keep up with work! Anyway.. .
Beginning with, TODAY’S BLOG, Italian food and my favorites go together like – well, who needs a comparison? For a big hearty meal, baked Spaghetti is an incredible comfort food in any weather. Whereas pasta packed with flavor cannot get more delicious – Incredible just got better.
Perfect for a Weekend meal this VEGGIE BAKED SPAGHETTI will surely become a family favourite.
Here we goooo!
Traditionally, Spaghetti is the delicious casserole version of the traditional pasta and sauce. With multiple layers of cheesy buttered sauces, seasonings and spices it is baked with love. But here, I have used certain alternatives and trust me it was not less tastier than realy ones! SO easy to make and tastes like a million bucks.
BONUS POINT – It can be made in advance and refrigerated. I just LOVE this baked recipe!!! You can assemble the spaghetti the night before and refrigerate it until ready to bake. Perfect for when you need a quick recipe when you have a whole bunch of guest for dinner.
What all we required for the recipe?
For white sauce:
3 tablespoons Butter
2 tablespoons all purpose flour
3 cups milk
¼ cup cream (optional)
½ tsp of oregano and chilli flakes
¼ tsp black pepper
1 teaspoon salt.
For red sauce:
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
3 cloves Garlic
2 Onion, roughly chopped
3 tomatoes, roughly chopped
3 tablespoons tomato ketchup
2 tablespoons pizza pasta sauce
1 tablespoon mixed herbs
Salt, to taste
1 lb semolina wheat Spaghetti
½ cup colourful bell peppers (finely chopped)
½ cup broccoli florrets
⅓ cup carrots (finely chopped)
¼ cup baby corn (finely chopped)
¼ teaspoon black pepper
salt, to taste
3 cheese cubes.
oregano and chilli flakes for taste
DIRECTIONS FOR RED SAUCE
1. Cook fettuccine or your favorite type of pasta in boiling water uncovered for 8-10 minutes. Drain it and toss in olive oil to avoid sticking. In another medium pan, sauté the onions and garlic in a olive oil. Add the tomatoes and sauté until softened and translucent, 5 to 7 minutes. Once the veggies turn golden brown, switch off the flame and keep aside to cool it down.
MEANWHILE, PREPARE THE SAUTEED VEGGIES AND WHITE SAUCE.
1. Heat pan with a tablespoon of olive oil. Add chopped veggies and saute in medium flame to cook until crunchy. Once done, keep it aside.
2. Into the same pan, add 3 tablespoons of butter, and add 2 tablespoons of all purpose flour (maida).
3. Using a spatula or whisk stir the flour quickly as soon as you add it. Keep on stirring so that no lumps are formed. Sauté the flour till you get a pale golden color.
4. Pour the milk with one hand and stir the sauce mixture with the other.
4. On a low flame, simmer the sauce till it thickens, add the fresh cream if needed.
Next, add on the seasonings, salt and pepper.
5. Mix the sauteed veggies with the creamy sauce and Switch off the flame, keep it aside.
For the Red Sauce,
1. Grind the tomato and onions into a smooth paste and transfer it into a bowl. Add ketchup, pizza pasta sauce and seasonings and herbs. Give it a good mix
2. Transfer the boiled spaghetti and toss it very well. So, that the spaghetti is evenly coated.
ASSEMBLING THE SPAGHETTI
• Take a 1L baking pan and grease it with olive oil.
• Transfer the coated spaghetti evenly and then spoon a layer of veggie white sauce over it.
• Layer with another layer of spaghetti and then spread the leftover veggie white sauce. Also, don’t forget to grate cheese in between the layers.
• Finally top the spaghetti with 2 grated cheese cubes.
• Place the baking Pan in an oven at 180° C and bake for 20-25 minutes.
Once done, you will see how the cheese melts so beautifully. It is a cheese lovers delight and this baked Recipe will surely drive you crazy. Remove the pan from the convection and serve hot.
So, when are you going to this recipe or are you saving for a special occasion?!
Do lemme know in the comments below.
I would definitely try it. This looks yummy 🤤
Definitely saving this for a special occasion 😍😍🤤!