Yaaay! It’s Sunday evening, so calming and so blissful. Time flies in the blink of an eye.
Here’s the end of January, hope y’ll had a lot of fun!!! It’s been a tough year for all of us but the only thing which comforting us was ‘FOOD’.
Hands up if you are a food enthusiast!!!
If you are someone who shares food posts on social media or foodie, I’m going to share a big secret with you…. ,that is
There’s something about potatoes that hits the right chord with everyone (gets everyone salivating, liking, sharing).
If it’s baked one, even more so.
So, let us treat ourselves with some Cheesy Baked Potatoes on this weekend to make it more exciting, lol.
Usually, I do not often crave potatoes but when I do, I know exactly how I want it to taste and how much work I’m willing to do to make it happen. Despite my deep affection for cheese, the point, that one of my favorite things to do on a weekend is to treat us to something crumbly or I would rather say healthy, XD
The excellent news is that they couldn’t be more easier! This recipe for HOMEMADE Cheese Baked Potato calls for just few ingredients— Potatoes, Cheese, corn and some mixed herbs. That’s it! And once these round wonders come to life, you’ll be asking yourself why you haven’t been making them at home all along.
Know more about the Ingredients.
The ingredients of this recipe are go -to- go items that could be easily found in any kitchen closets.
The only thing you need to do is go and wash potatoes and rub with olive and salt and bake with large amount of cheese.
And what if you are someone who do not like to eat potato skins? On the off chance that you make this heated potato recipe, you will be! Covering the potatoes in salt makes the skins extra-crispy and flavorful. Plus, with a bit of the salty skin in each bite, you won’t need to stress over flavoring the potato flesh as you eat.
Corns, cheese and mixed herbs are some common ingredients which are found on stuffed potatoes. But for more healthier version, I also used cauliflower to mix in the filling and undoubtedly, it wasn’t less tastier than any other dishes.
For the topping, here, I used Veeba Cheese & Jalapeno Dip. But there are a variation of alternatives that goes well. You can also go with mayonnaise or garnish it with chili sauce or simply leave it.
Serve with the salad and that makes a great choice on busy weeknights or weekend brunch treat.
BAKED CHEESE POTATOES
Total Time: 60 minutes
4 Big Potatoes
3 tablespoon olive oil
1/4th cup corn
1/4th cup cauliflower
1/2 teaspoon onion powder (optional)
1+1/4th cup grated cheese
Cheese & Jalapeno Dip (optional)
Peri Peri Mix (optional)
1 tablespoon chili flakes
1 tablespoon oregano
1 tablespoon black pepper
salt, to taste
For Salad Dressing,
3 tablespoons of shredded cabbage
3 tablespoons of shredded beetroot
1 tablespoon of diced capsicum
Handful of coriander leaves.
1. Wash the potatoes well and pat them dry with a kitchen towel. Place them on the baking tray and rub them all over with olive oil. Scatter over some salt which should stick to the oil.
Then, poke the potatoes with a fork a few times to create small holes across their surfaces.
2. Place directly on microwave and bake for 40-45 minutes at 180° Celsius. When cooked, the potato should be golden-brown and crisp on the outside.
Meanwhile, prepare the filling.
3. Boil the 1/4th cauliflower florets until soften. Pour into a bowl with corn kennels. Add 2 tablespoon of grated cheese and 1/2 teaspoon of each chili flakes and oregano, onion powder, salt and pepper, and roughly mash.
4. Let potatoes rest 5 minutes. Slice each open lengthwise and scoop middle flesh into the mixing bowl.
And our filling for potatoes are readyyyy!
Next, season the potatoes. .
5. Top the fillings inside the scooped potatoes. To melt cheese, add it first, then return potatoes to oven until cheese melts, about 1 minute; alternatively.
Toppings of your choice, such as diced capsicum and spring onions are optional. Here, I used some capsicum cubes as shown in the picture below.
assemble with a dollop of cheese and jalapeno dip, shredded beetroot, and a sprinkle of coriander leaves and peri peri (totally optional). Serve with remaining salad dressing on the side.
And your delicious Cheesy Baked Potatoes are ready! Isn’t it tempting?
For Salad, I tossed the shredded cabbage, beetroots with salt and black pepper to serve along the potatoes.
Baked Potato Recipe Tips
• Avoid using the Aluminium foil – The way to making a good baked potato is getting really crispy skin. If you wrap the potatoes in foil, the potato skins will soften in the oven. For the best outcomes, leave the potatoes opened up.
• Baking time will vary -In this recipe, it is mentioned to prepare your potatoes for 40 to 45 minutes. Because of the reason, the cooking time will vary depending on the size of the potatoes. Be ready to take them out of the oven when they’re fork-delicate and their skin is fresh. The preparing time will be longer for bigger potatoes and more limited for little ones.
However you do, this way or that way,
Ik, potatoes will turned out to be great with this baked potato recipe. By the time now, definitely you are a pro in baking potatoes with all tips and tricks. So, enjoy your wonderfully baked cheese potatoes. Till then,
You can follow freeze a second on:
Very nice but it’s time consuming…..
Thanks 🙂 60 minutes for creating out such delicious food is worth it XD
Looks so tempting 🤤
Thanks girl <3
Thankyou so much <3
Thankyou Riiiii <3
Looks delicious 😋😍
Thanks Love <3
It was very yummy 😋..I hv tried
Haha, Thanks <3
A real good one 👌😁
umhmm Thankyou <3