Hello everyone! : )
There’s something special about today. Isn’t it? and why wouldn’t it be, after all it’s the first celebration of summer. I would like to take a moment and wish, ‘A very Happy Mothers Day’ to all the goddesses out there. God, they are simply amazing! :*
So, What are your plans for weekend? if not, then why don’t bake this simple amazing dish to her?
Ever heard of cheesy baked potato and broccoli combination?
Well, this blog has an answer to it, Yes! This Cheesy Baked Broccoli Boats from FaS version is a must try recipe for all home bakers. These boats along with broccoli and cheese sauce is served hot, making your brunch treats perfect!.
A delicious and healthy wholesome meal with medley of potato and broccoli, drizzled with an enticing cheesy sauce and baked to perfection. No more eating boring vegetable! A healthy ball of potato with rich creamy, loaded with melted cheese layers wrapped around. Baked Boats has all your fiber packed together with italian flavors in abundance, cooked in no more than 59 minutes. The cheesy white sauce instantly appeals to the taste buds and makes the dish irresistible.
Let’s get into the recipe!
Total Time: 59 minutes
For Cheese Sauce,
2 tablespoon – butter
1 tablespoon – all purpose flour
300 ml – Milk
1/2 cup – grated cheese
3 large – potatoes
few broccoli florets (par boiled)
olive oil, for greasing
salt and pepper, to taste
oregano to garnish
1. In a medium pan, melt butter over low heat. Stir in flour and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and bubbly.
2. Gradually stir in 1/2 cup of milk. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly; boil and stir for another 1 minute by adding grated cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Wash the potatoes well and pat them dry with a kitchen towel. Place them on the baking tray and rub them all over with olive oil. Scatter over some salt which should stick to the oil. Then, poke the potatoes with a fork a few times to create small holes across their surfaces.
4. Place directly on microwave and bake for 30 -35 minutes at 200° Celsius. When cooked, the potato should be golden-brown and crisp on the outside.
5. Give it a nice cut just as the image shown, and place broccoli floret one by one!
6. Pour hot cheese sauce over the top and garnish with cheese and italian seasoning. Bake for another 5- 6 seconds or grab as it is’
Enjoy the Cheesy baked broccoli boats, perfect for an evening snacks or side dish. Yay.
This recipe is a crazy good and smoky potato appetizer that you and everyone in the house will love truly. Just with few ingredients in the pantry, you will have a heart meal dish in the plate.
Go and treat your Mom’s with this delicious meal, soon!
Do not forget to tag us in your stories 🙂 & also let me know your plans for making her feel special in the comment section below. I’d love to hear that. <3